Mascara Adventure

If you know me, I have never been very much into make-up because I don't really have anything to accentuate.  I have ittybitty monolid asian eyes, round nose and fat lips.  So, yea the only thing I ever try to highlight would be my lips. haha  But recently, I've become more adventurous in trying various make-up products besides lipsticks, lipgloss, etc....  I wanted to work on my thin short lashes. haha  Wish I had money for Latisse but instead I decided to try some new mascara and see if that'll help.  So far I've tried two products:
Maybelline The FALSIES Volume Express

Loreal Telescopic Explosion
I first tried the Maybelline Falsie and that didn't work out to well on my short thin lashes.  It made them very clumpy.  It definitely did make it more full.  I guess you can say, it did look like I had falsies on. haha  And since my lids are not very wide or long, the mascara brush kept getting mascara on my nose or the edge of my face. It was quite messy. So that wasn't a match for me.  Maybe if I wanted a dramatic look, but not everyday.  So, I set out for a new mascara and saw the Loreal Telescopic Explosion.  This one is definitely different. It had a spherical shape brush.  And the brush is a lot shorter.  It was created to cover hard to reach lashes such as the lower lashes.  So, when I tried this one on, I liked it a lot!  It covered my lashes more individually and was less of a mess.  I love the spherical brush! It was able to get lashes at the corner of my eyes.  But still at times, I still got mascara on my eyelid due to monolids. haha  But, overall I love the Loreal Telescopic Explosion.  There is also a waterproof one too.

In addition to this mascara adventure, I also purchased on ebay a Eyelid Guard.  Its a device used to block your eyelids and lower cheeks from getting mascara on it.  It works great for me since I have monolids.  And it makes putting on mascara so much faster since I don't have to retouch w/ a q-tip.  It was really cheap. I think I got it for like 99cents!!  Awesome little tool.  I definitely reccommend this tool.

Well, that ends my mascara adventure for now.  Until my next makeup adventure.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
November 5, 2010 at 7:00 AM

it's funny that you reviewed the maybelline mascara cause i was going to post my review today. LOL neat little tool.

Xongie said...
November 5, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Lol. I'm thinking about our sephora adventure together when I wanted you to try the YLS mascara for me! hahaha I can see how they eyelid card will come in handy. It looks like a neat tool! Oh that Loreal mascara brush looks pretty cool too. Good review on the mascara.

Hello Naka said...
November 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM

the telescopics explosion one has always interested me ^^ thanks for the review and comment ^^ have u tried eyelid stickers to creat a double eyelid?

Joy said...
November 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Calia, do you like the Maybelline?

Xong, I know, good thing I purchase that tool. Maybe our next Sephora adventure, I'll bring the tool with me so you can better judge the quality of the mascara. LOL

Naka, thanks for the comment. I have tried the eyelid tape but somehow I can't master on applying it on evenly or for it to look decent. I've watched several YT tutorial, but still can't get it. You have any tips?

Unknown said...
November 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM

The eyelid guard looks like an awesome tool! I must check it out. I can't get those mascara to make my eyelashes stand out like false lashes do...Mascaras are definitely not my specialty.

Joy said...
November 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Pang, I love this eyelid guard! It makes it so much easier, cleaner and faster for me when I'm on the go. heehee

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top JOYFUL THINGS. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.